Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Going to Honduras

This is a short post, just wanted to put it up before I left. I'm in the process of throwing together all the necessary last minute preparations for a trip to Honduras. I leave at 6am tomorrow morning and will be gone until Monday.

I've activated my cell phone so I'll be able to make and receive calls, its expensive so I'll keep them to a minimum. I'll try to post as much as I can and get up as many pictures as possible. I promise to be safe, I have friends I'm staying with, and in a surprise last minute addition Dani is going to meet me out there for a few days!

For updates on the political situation I'd suggest checking out DemocracyNow. Here is todays report:

Military Using “Brutal” Force Against Anti-Coup Protests in Honduras

The ousted Honduran President Manuel Zelaya is expected to meet with US diplomats in Washington today before attempting to return to Honduras Thursday, five days after being deposed by a military coup. Meanwhile, the streets in Honduras remain tense, and the crackdown on the media has reportedly not been lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment